Friday, May 3, 2019

Day One

This trip is based on family and bettering ourselves, mostly self care. If you can’t love yourself, sometimes it’s hard to love others. Recently, I’ve lost someone very important to me and my littles and now I’m on an adventure on finding myself and what better way than do it with my friends. So during the course of my adventures, I’ll share: feelings, pictures, scenery and many many smiles. 

So lemme introduce all of us shall I; I'm Andrea, I'm currently 23 and on my first adventure with some of my BEST friends ever. First there's Kayla, she's asleep in the back haha, she's my ride or die, she's my best friend for life. Whenever the worst possibly thing that has happened in my life so far, I had her there literally right by my side through it all. She knows me in and out, she understands some of the things I do daily and sometimes she knows it's just a way of healing. We also have my favorite, Isaac. Isaac, I met him at a job we worked together and he had this vibe that I really enjoyed working with, he's sweet and he's also listening. We connect, shockingly, more with the events that has happened this year than we normally do. 

Adventure one starts in Kansas City, MO. We’re traveling 33 hours from Kansas City, MO all the way DRIVING, to Eugene OR to see my best friend, Kayla’s father, Isaac has been the champ and driving way more this trip than we anticipated  We started a little later than normal but we reached Denver, CO around 11:30AM on Tuesday April 30th. We then made our first stop at a place called LightShade Dispensary. I visited my very first dispensary! It was super cool, you walked in and everyone was so nice to you and they made you feel at home. They took my ID and I casually waited in their waiting room with every intention of being nervous because who wouldn’t be nervous purchasing weed in public at a public store?! They pulled me into this code entry locked room where they asked me “how I’d like to get high today?” My response was “I’m driving 20 more hours to Oregon so I’m going to need something that’ll wake me up” that’s where I met NYC disel with 28.2% thc. Smoking one of to he two pre rolled joint’s we got, was the smoothest joint I’ve hit in a while. It was a straight stevia, uh hello energy!


Heading out of the dispensary to the best part of them all was the hiking trail, let me tell you how much I enjoyed the shit of the views. It was stunning. We arrived at Chautauqua Park Trail. It looked like it had recently rained and we were kindve pressed on time due to a late start. Isaac attempted to nap in the car as Kayla and I went on a small scenic tour and pit stopped in their restrooms. From this destination on, we still had to drive 20 hours to get to our destination, so our time here was short lived but it was amazing. We then drove down the road to get gas and coffee, smoke a joint and hit the road once more. I'll see you soon Colorado! 
  
 Since leaving boulder, we’ve been going straight to Eugene, OR from there and it’s been very eventful. I’ve driven through two snow storms and a thunderstorm in the mountains. My anxiety started acting a little crazy but there’s always a light at the end of the tunnel and if you didn’t believe me…I have the proof to show you that we not only went through an actual tunnel but we also saw the sunsetting upon Wyoming’s small city.



I think making one of the last switches in the car before we actually arrive we are finally on our overnight haul! See y'all tomorrow!!! 

xoxo Hippie Trips

No comments:

Post a Comment